Can we talk nutrition for a second? People think eating healthy has to be boring... BUT that's not true! Every season has its own delicious and nutritious plant-based foods to choose from, and right now winter squash is at its peak. Get out there today and visit your local farmers market and experiment with new recipes. I'm seeking out acorn squash because it was an all time favorite of mine 25 years ago when I first started my health and fitness journey - time to revisit!
- Toss butternut squash with olive oil and garlic in a large bowl
- Season with salt and black pepper
- Arrange coated squash on a baking sheet
- Roast in the preheated oven until squash is tender and lightly browned for 25 to 30 minutes
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg