We're hearing a lot of hype about Matcha Tea these days, and for good reason! The Chinese have long believed that matcha tea is “the elixir of immortality.” The reason being is that Matcha is rich in catechin polyphenols – compounds with high antioxidant activity. These compounds offer protection against many kinds of cancer and SLOW THE AGING PROCESS! This potent anti-inflammatory effect makes matcha an incredible food for the skin by protecting from UV damage and improving skin elasticity. Drinking a cup of matcha each day is one of the best things you can do to combat skin aging and promote skin health.
- Heat ½ cup water to just under boiling
- Pour hot water over 1 teaspoon of matcha in a large bowl or cup
- Whisk to dissolve the powder
- Heat ½ cup whole, almond, or cashew milk
- Froth with a milk frother (adjust the milk-to-water proportions to suit your tastes)
- Pour the matcha into the steamed milk
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey or a small amount of stevia if desired