It's finally soup season in LA! Pumpkin soup is one of my go-to's because of its array of antioxidants and anti-inflammatories. It helps with joint health, organ health, stress relief and soft tissue injuries - It's an all around superpower food!
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut or avocado oil
- 2 cups any broth (use vegetable for vegan version)
- 2 1/4 cups pumpkin puree (homemade or canned)
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk, full fat
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat medium size pot on low-medium heat and swirl in oil
- Add onions and garlic until translucent
- Add remaining ingredients
- Bring to a boil, cover and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- When soup is cooked, blend in a regular blender
- Top with raw or soaked pumpkin seeds